Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Last Song

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks is my absolute favorite book of all time. I love the plot of the book. Even the extremely sad parts. It’s so depressing it usually makes me bawl. It makes me feel so thankful for the people around me. It would be completely catastrophic if I lost anyone of them. Not all people are as lucky though. Ronnie certainly wasn’t that lucky. I guess everything happens for a reason, nevertheless.
Ronnie used to be inseparable with her father spending hours with him playing the piano. The day her father left was one of the worst days in Ronnie’s life. He left their family to move back to his hometown in Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina. Ronnie hadn’t spoken to him or played piano since the day he left, which was about two years ago. She had an incredible talent for piano and in Ronnie’s last year of high school she gets accepted into Julliard. She won’t go because of her father. Even if one of my parents left I would keep doing what I love because it would hopefully take my mind of things and help me work harder. But everyone reacts different to situations. In the first place I couldn’t even really picture being in these circumstances.
Ronnie’s mother ships Ronnie and her brother Jonah off for the summer to Ronnie’s Father’s house. Little did anyone know this would be the most sensational summer of Ronnie’s life! I’m not saying it all was good but it was defiantly a summer to remember.
For Steve (Ronnie and Jonah’s dad) it will be his last summer. Steve got diagnosed with lung cancer before the summer. It got worse when he got knocked out during a fire in the old church down the road. He didn’t want his kids to know about his disease so he could be with his kids for real during the summer. Until the last weeks of summer the kids are oblivious to the deadly state their father is in. For Steve he might be in the worst health of his life but is having the best time with his kids. It would be devastating to find out my father had cancer, I would be so sad it would feel like as if I was paralyzed.
Throughout the summer Ronnie finds she is falling for an extremely gorgeous volleyball player. She would never believe she would fall for someone like that. She goes through a whirl-wind of emotions with him. Somehow they seem to get through it all! Even through the most tragic time in Ronnie’s life. I think people like that are one in a million and you are extremely lucky when you find that right person for you. Ronnie certainly did.

No comments:

Post a Comment