Thursday, March 24, 2011

Twilight

The Twilight book and movie have brought so much attention to teen girls and a few boys, there were over 25 million copies of the book sold worldwide. Twilight believers keep growing day after day. Of course there are the people who think this book is overrated and unrealistic. Though there will always be the girls going gaga over Jacob or Edward. Dividing themselves to “Team Edward or Team Jacob” hoping for their special man to get Bella’s love. Personally I am Team Jacob I think he deserves Bella’s love more for that all he has done for her. He is a very humble young man. This book goes through many ups and downs. In the end I just want Bella to find her love because everyone deserves it.

Twilight is in the mostly in the perspective of seventeen year old Isabella Swan, "Bella" who has a normal boring life, until she moves to Forks, Washington with her father Charlie. This to me is a good plot because lots of teens can connect to her life. She had lived with her mother in Arizona. To me this would be an awful change going from hot everyday to rainy, cold Washington. She doesn't expect anything to change because what could happen in a small town where it never stops raining? She was obviously wrong because there has to be some dramatic twist otherwise it wouldn’t be a spectacular book. As soon as she laid her eyes on Edward Cullen, her life changed completely. He and his brothers and sisters were so beautiful, and she couldn't help staring. At first she tries to avoid Edward, and acts as if he is annoying, but really she is burning inside to get to know him. Later she finds out his deepest darkest secret…………………. Edward is a vampire. If I don’t even know what I would do in this situation nor will I ever because I will never be in this situation. But I image I would have a strong mix of emotions. Especially because this was the boy she is in love with.

Edward warns her to stay away, she still tries to talk to him in school, and finds any excuse she can to be near him. Jacob Black her best friend from when she was little warns her and tries to talk her out of going by him. Edward Cullen was an addiction to her. There was nothing she could to to stop this addition it kept coming back to her. This seems like a typical teen romances sneaking out, making excuses to go near each other, predictable but so cute. As their relationship strengthens she finally begins to realize that her life is in danger because of her hanging out with the Cullens. Just one simple game of baseball, (well, it is vampire baseball) her world turns upside down. James (a tracker) instantly becomes obsessed with Bella, and decides to track her to kill her. The Cullens try to keep her safe, but since Bella is so stubborn, she decides she will go after him herself. Bella kind of reminds me of myself in this instance because she does anything she can to protect her loved ones. She meets James in a ballet studio just so she can sacrifice herself for her loved ones. In the end Edward and the Cullens save her. Edward and Bella promise each other to be together forever. I found this quite cheesy but I guess some romances are like this.

Her sacrifice is worth it in the end. She has found the one she loved. Their relationship gets pushed the edge in dangerous situations. They will always have each other though. Everyone deserves love and Bella defiantly found hers.

3 comments:

  1. I thought you did a good job writing this, but to me it sounded a little to much like a summary. I also liked the side notes that you added in parentheses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I agree with what Abbi said on how it was somewhat like a summary. I liked how you added your own voice with the side notes and opinions. There were a couple of spelling errors, but they weren't that big. Otherwise, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this was definitely one of your stronger pieces. You expressed lots of voice through your opinions in the essay. Yes it was a slight bit of a summery, but I actually liked it like that. It gave people who didn't know much about Twilight more insight on it. I;m not saying summaries are good! I'm just saying the way you did your "summary" was very good. Like Mai said, there were just a couple silly mistakes but nothing huge. I also think that more towards the beginning of the piece you maybe could have changed u the lengths of your sentences or your sentence structure -- just a suggestion:)Lastly I thought you had an excellent conclusion and final sentence because it completely tied in your thesis statement. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete