Monday, November 28, 2011

The Life of Dally Winston


The reason I chose to write about Dally is because I could make real life connections to him very easily. Plus I found good quotes from The Outsiders about Mr. Winston being a static character.

            Dallas Winston has had a very toil life. Pretty much everything has been an up-field battle since he was a young boy going to penitentiary house. Here’s a quote that stuck out to me that made me believe that made Dally who he is. “Johnny, you don't know what a few months in jail can do to you, man. You get mean in jail; I just don't wanna see that happen to you like it happened to me, man. Understand?” Since then though, he has been tough as nails and bull headed as ever. And as far as we know, he is never going to change. He doesn’t care about many people, he really has no cares or worries at all and his only family was the gang. That’s just how his life is.
            Ever since he went to jail he never let anything or anyone get close to him till the day he died. Except one boy, Johnny. That’s the one person he truly cherished and carried about. But not even Johnny could change his ways of who he is. Just because he is a rebel that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s mean all the time he just acts in the moment and does what he likes. Once he lost Johnny he lost himself there was nothing worth living for so he didn’t live.
            Dally Winston reminds me of Sulley from the movie “Monsters Inc”. They both seem mean and hardcore at first but once you really get to know them they are nice and caring.  They both had that one special person they were close to and would do anything to save them. Even though Sulley is dynamic because at the beginning he only cared about himself and by the end he loves Boo and wanted to help her get home safely.  Dally is dynamic because he learned to love Johnny but he didn’t change his ways in everyday life.
            Quoted from “Monsters Inc:” “Sulley you’re not supposed to name it. Once you name it, you start getting attached to it. Now put that thing back where it same from or so help me.”   And from The Outsiders:We gotta win that fight tonight. We gotta get even with those Socs! Let's do it for Johnny, man. We'll do it for Johnny!” This quote suck out to me because it shows that he cares whether the like it or not. Everyone always has something they will fight for and once it is gone, it’s a big hole right smack in your heart. You’ll always have the memories that will last a lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. I liked my real world example I thought it was creative but I need better word choice. Over all I would give my essay an A-.

    ReplyDelete