Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Struggles of Johnny

Author’s note: I decide to write about Johnny from the book The Outsiders because he had some things I could relate to such as stick up for people and never giving up.
            People go through insane situations everyday of their lives. For Johnny he has had struggles since the day he was brought into this world. What if your parents didn’t want you around and beat you to a pulp if you got in their way? Would you stay or would you run away and never look back? They only true family he had was his gang.
            When I read the hardships of Johnny I think to myself of how easy I have it even though I can be very ungrateful.  If I were to step into Johnny’s shoes I would have not changed much in my life. I would still go home even if I got ignored or beaten just because it was a warm place to stay compared to the cold, cold world. Every day I would hope that if I came home this one last time they would finally love me.
            If I had to spend a day Johnny Cade’s shoes it would like be walking up a never ending hill of molasses. Every step I took I would be in a sticky situation. Such as the time when Johnny killed a Soc to save his best friend Ponyboy. If my best friend was getting drowned to death by some hooligan and my only choice was to kill, I think I would. There would be some definite bad consequences but if it was for self defense it needed to happen. Yes I probably would be scared for life but at the same time feel so proud like I was a hero to someone’s life.
            One of my favorite quotes is, “Never judge a person till you have walked a mile in their shoes.”           Try walking in Johnny’s shoes and you too can experience can what is like to be born in the wrong situation every day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment