Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Journey

Author’s note: This book is about a girl finding her mother because that’s the best thing she has left. I love my mom too even though we fight she’s my best friend.
                In the novel War Comes to Willy Freeman by James Lincoln Collier and Christopher Collier; the climax comes pretty early. The rising main action is when Willy ends up being a young man in the war. Then came the point of no return the climax: Willy’s mom gets captured by the British. Ever since that moment the story has revolved around that conflict.  All she has done has been on the search to find her mama.  On her journey she has been captured by the British, almost slaughtered twice, and had to deceive a bunch of people by pretending to be a boy.
                In the book I still have about 100 pages so I have no idea how it ends if she actually finds what she is looking for. I have a feeling though that something awful has happened to Wilhelmina’s mother because it has almost been two years since she has seen her.  I don’t think I would be able to live without my mom. She helps me with everything n my life; I don’t get how Willy can live without her. But Willy Freeman and I have one thing in common we both would do anything to get her back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment