Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Climb


      The poem "Mother to Son" by Langston Hughes is an inspiration poem. It's told throughout the perspective of the Mother to her son. Personally my Mom is one of my inspirations so it would be easy to write about her. So if he he talking throughout his mom in the poem she obviously means a lot to him because she inspires him. One sentence that really nabbed my attention was, "For I'se still goin', honey,I'se still climbin',
And life for me ain't been no crystal stair." Personally I liked it because it was talking about lifes struggles and its just going to get harder as it goes on. I know that's not what you want to hear but it is; you just have to keep going. "Life's a climb, but the view is great." Hannah Montana the Movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment