Thursday, January 12, 2012

Predicting the Obi


I read this short story Dead Man’s Path in language arts. Our teacher asked us what do you get by just reading the title and the pro-log and this is what I thought.
           
There are many ways people look at things, in their own point of view. When I first looked at the title of this book I thought it would be scary hence the name Dead Man’s Path. Then I read the pro-log. It told about Chinua Achebe’s life (author). Then I assumed the title has something to do with his life. Everyone writes about what they know otherwise you would have nothing to say. What I learned about Mr. Achebe was that he was born in Nigeria; he was a part of the Ibo tribe and later became on to be a professor in a secondary school.
            That got me thinking how I can connect these two things together. Then my prediction came. I believed that it was a ritual to go down Dead Man’s Path. Unfortunately my guess was off quite a bit. This short story was about illiberal, passionate man running a school. That’s pretty far from my conjecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment