Monday, October 3, 2011

Casey's Tragic Loss

Author’s note: This is a letter from Casey’s mom to Casey discussing his actions of a baseball game. Its plot and rising actions, climax and resolution.

Dear Casey,

                 I witnessed your game on Thursday and to tell you the truth I’m pretty ashamed of you. Not because you lost the game for us but because you let your head get to big. When you were younger you spent hours on end practicing batting, I thought you were taught to swing at every pitch that was a strike and if you get behind in the count protect the plate. But all you showed that day was cockiness.
          You had lots of opportunity especially since both your teammates got on base. Then it was all up to you nothing would be the same since you got up to the plate the whole atmosphere changed. At the first pitch that was a do or die moment. The game could have ended there but no you let it go on. If you would have kept your attitude in check then I believe there would have been quite a different result.
          The result wasn’t different though you let two perfectly good strikes get by you then you had struck out! I guess that’s what you deserve though. I thought I had raised you better. Not everyone gets those kinds of opportunities and you let it go right before you. I strongly suggest you make a public announcement stating what you did wrong and an apology to the baseball association. People look up to you every game and it’s your job to be the best person you can. Think next time. We’ll see you soon.

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment